January 8, 2016 | Posted in: News Releases
This news of a network scanner integrated with Line of Business applications through a simple development platform is simply amazing to me. It’s absolutely what I’ve been preaching for a long time so it’s nice to see this vision realized.
Will there be real adoption and will this drive revenue for vendors and providers remains to be seen. However, from an ease of use and business productivity standpoint, this is a clear winner.
Some of the key points to the article:
- Network scanner
- TWAIN Direct scanner driver and scan-application SDK
- Google Weave Development Platform
- Back-end SaaS applications such as ERP and CRM
Why is this solution so great?
- Touch screen operation is simple and understandable for everyone
- Effective integration reduces total cost of ownership and allows the masses to consume (not just big corporations)
- Flexibility to add new functionality or enhance processes overtime
- One device performs many functions
It will be interesting to follow and learn of real-world use cases.